I just love anything made with onion…this recipe is no exception…the more the merrier. The creamy, flavorful sauce, could be eaten over mashed potatoes, noodles or rice…my kids wanted noodles. I usually prefer the bone in, center cut chops with this recipe, but all I had was boneless. This recipe can also be made in the crock pot…I didn’t have time for that, so I baked it in the oven…
Cook time: 1 Hr Prep time: 20 Min Serves: 4 – 6
6 bone in center cut chops , or boneless…i think the bone in chops tend to be more tender, unless done in the crock pot
2 – 3 Tbsp oil for browning chops
salt and pepper to season pork
onion powder for seasoning pork
1 large onion, sliced
1 can(s) (14 ounce) cream of mushroom soup
1 can(s) (14 ounce) cream of chicken soup
1 can(s) ( 10 ounce) cream of onion soup
1/2 c milk
1/4 c worcestershire sauce
1/2 small can, french fried onions
prepared parsley buttered noodles, mashed potatoes or rice to serve with
1. Season chops.
2. Brown chops over medium heat in oil for approximately 5 minutes each side.
3. In the same skillet, caramelize onions.
4. Place browned chops in the casserole dish. ( or crock pot )
5. Mix soups, onion, milk and Worcestershire sauce in medium bowl.
6. Pour mixture over chops; sprinkle with french fried onions and bake for at least 60 minutes or until chops are tender in a 350 degree oven. ( In crock Pot – 3 hrs high or 6 -7 hrs on low ).
7. It should be bubbly and golden…
8. Serve over buttered, parsley egg noodles, mashed potatoes or rice. Note: Sour cream can also be mixed in at the end of crock pot method. It gives it some added flavor. ( Optional ) I like it either way. If adding to oven method, add it to the soups before pouring over meat.